J.P.Morgan EmployAbility Internship Programme 2018, Technology
|London, Bournemouth or Glasgow, UK|
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and/or MIS majors are preferred
|Sunday 19th November 2017|
EmployAbility is delighted to be working with JP Morgan to offer disabled students and graduates the opportunity to apply for the J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship programme.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. The Firm and its Foundation give approximately US$200 million annually to nonprofit organizations around the world. We also lead volunteer service activities for employees in local communities by utilizing our many resources, including those that stem from access to capital, economies of scale, global reach and expertise.
Internship Programme, Technology
Spend your summer engineering large-scale, complex and resilient technology solutions that drive our global business. You'll help build and optimize applications and systems that support millions of customers, clients and employees worldwide. Supported by a $9 billion spend, you’ll cultivate your technology expertise in an industry-leading environment.
What You Can Expect
This 10-week summer program will give you insights into how technology drives the firm’s overall efficiency, improves our risk management and enhances our customer and client experiences. This program will offer you hands-on experience, one-on-one mentoring, access to senior business leaders and the opportunity to meet colleagues and peers as you build your network.
"The technology community at JPMorgan Chase is collaborative and supportive. Everyone is engaged in your training and development."
- Coral, Analyst
You’ll start the program with an in-depth orientation to our innovation strategies, products and systems, and technology community. After that, you’ll join a Software Engineering or Infrastructure Engineering role within our consumer, wholesale or corporate businesses.
Software Engineers will work through the complete life cycle of innovation, from analysis to development, testing and implementation. You will learn about our business challenges and help create the smartest technology solutions to address our clients’ and customers’ needs. You’ll be part of the planning, architecture, development and implementation of applications – writing, modifying and testing software. You'll work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry, creating best-in-class user experiences, products and applications.
Infrastructure Engineers will help develop and build out high-performance systems that manage complex business initiatives in tandem with our top technologists. You'll engage in the design and development of innovative storage, networking and computer solutions on platforms with unmatched scale that support our critical business needs such as trading or credit card processing. You will work on internal solutions to build software that automates the operations of the firm’s infrastructure.
Work in a variety of roles on various ground-breaking projects as we invest further into FinTech and our partnerships with Silicon Valley tech firms — concentrating on big data and analytics, digital banking, cybersecurity, cloud development, data visualization, and electronic payments.
This program is designed to open the door to an accelerated career in technology. Upon successful completion of the program, you may receive an offer of full-time employment.
We're looking for highly motivated, purpose-driven individuals with a passion for developing technologies with global impact.
We’re looking for those with the passion, drive and commitment to innovate and solve complicated business problems at unrivaled scale. Other qualifications include:
- A well-rounded academic background is essential with a minimum 2:1 Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in your undergraduate degree is required; you should be in your penultimate or final year of study and be available to start on the graduate programme in 2019. Knowledge of IT programming languages, networks, databases should also be shown.
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and/or MIS majors are preferred — other majors may be considered.
- Relevant internship experience and demonstrated leadership in a school or community organization.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive, responsive team player who can thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Working knowledge of programming languages (i.e., C, C++, Java, C#, Python, Visual Basic, SQL, etc.).
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
How To Apply
Candidates apply through EmployAbility's online application process, but each applicant is assessed against J.P. Morgan’s core competencies and selected through the J.P. Morgan recruitment process. Successful candidates are hired directly onto J.P. Morgan’s Internship programme within a specific division and participate in every aspect of that division’s Internship programme.
You can apply for up to 3 different business area. Please complete a new application for each business area.
Other business areas you can apply to are;
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Investment Banking
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Investor Services Sales
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Global Treasury Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Wealth Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Markets
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Risk
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Asset Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Finance & Business Management
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Human Resources
- J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship 2018 - Corporate Analyst Development Program
To apply online to the J.P. Morgan EmployAbility Internship programme, please click on the 'apply now' button at the bottom of this page. J.P. Morgan recruit on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
If you have any extenuating circumstances or require further information about the Internship programme, please contact Sarah Denness on +44 (0)7852 764684 or email email@example.com